My photo
I love to write, but have been hijacked to the Facebook world--HELP!!!! Since I've been spending most of my time between FB and Ancestry.com, my poor blog has been neglected. I'll try to get back into this eventually... *****PS The blog list is at the bottom of the blog*****

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Six Things about Me....



A friend over at Gingerbread Crumbs & Company asked her blog girls if anyone was game to do a 6 Things About Me list and since I haven't done one in awhile--I'm all in!

1. I love everything that has to do with having tea or tea parties--the beautiful tea cups, tables set with delightful scones and tea sandwiches, tea pots and flowers. My Grandma left us a some pretty tea cups and I have collected some too, so it's a blast to use them! (For pretty teacup viewing, go to my other blogspot Cottage Beautiful!)

2. I'm a novice quilter, a mediocre knitter/crocheter, a wannabe painter--you get the picture; I love all the arts and don't spend time on just one, so I haven't perfected any of them.

3. I'm crazy about jewelry--mostly the kind that has a folk artsy or cultural feel... I like to pile them on; the chunkier or more layered the better... Colorful, cultural beads and vintage buttons are my passion; I use recycled jewelry to make necklaces, bracelets, and earrings too.


4. I love words and the wonderful things you can do with them, but I don't read books unless I can grow and learn from them or if they are special. My mom was reading "Gift from the Sea" in the delivery room before I was born; that's one of my favorites, besides the Holy Bible...


5. I'm an adventureous person--I love to meander around a quaint area and stop to explore at the drop of a hat. Love serendipity and spontaneity...


6. I love people, especially when they're creative, adventurous, and spontaneous!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Barbara,
    Oh what wonderful things you've posted here. I too love tea and all things tea-e!! I've never tried quilting although I love Crazy Quilting...it's so much fun mainly because you don't have to be a precision seamstress.
    Now I have to go check out your cottage beautiful post.

    Have a fun day!!!

    xoxo Cori

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was fun to learn new things about you. I've enjoyed getting to know you. I love "Gift From the Sea" too. Do you like to write letters? If so, I'd enjoy being pen friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I love reading about you! I love to do a bit of everything, too. Knitting, painting, singing, etc.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your witty comments! I love to hear from you...